There are many flattering short curly hairstyles for those who have been blessed with naturally curly or wavy hair. And the shorter your hair, the less weight on your curls. As a result, they will have more life, volume, and movement.
Tips For Short Curly Hairstyles
- Don’t Wash Every Day: Washing every day will only damage your tresses. A lot of women only wash their hair once or twice a week. Condition or simply spritz your hair in-between shampoos to keep your curls happy and healthy.
- Use a t-shirt instead of a towel to dry: “Hair Plopping” is all the rage…but for a reason. Towels tend to damage your hair. Using a t-shirt to dry your hair instead of a towel will not only prevent breakage, it will keep your hair from frizzing, as well.
- Never brush your hair: Brushes, especially those with harsh, heavy bristles will only damage your hair. Simply finger-comb your hair or use a wide-tooth comb.
- Use a Diffuser when Blow Drying: If you have to blow dry your hair, use a diffuser to soften and protect your curls. Too much heat will damage your locks.
- Switch to Satin Pillowcases: Satin pillowcases will prevent your hair from flattening and frizzing while you sleep.
- Keep it Trimmed: Get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks to keep your hair healthy. It will make it grow faster and prevent your curls from damage and frizz.
Short haircuts have virtually low maintenance and always classy, plus never go out of fashion, especially in the warmer seasons. We have put together a list of our favorite short curly hair styles for women of any age.
Short Curly Ringlets
Ringlets are among the most versatile short curly hairstyles. They can be classy and sophisticated or flirty and sexy. If you want the option of pulling your hair back with a few curly tendrils framing your face for a seductive effect, leave your curls a little longer.
Curly Pixie Hairstyle
This short curly pixie works great if you are looking to get your hair away from your face to highlight those eyes or cheekbones. It is easy to style and always looks classy. For a bolder look, add some color or highlights to make this style pop.
Choppy Layers With Balayage
This cool style in sweet brownie base with light brown balayage blends seems so carefree. The carefree look is achieved by adding choppy layers and thus making it a textured cut. When styling, it is significant to accentuate rather than hide the texture. Use a qualitative texturizing styling product when waving your hair.
Short Curly Thick Hair
For those with especially thick, curly hair, this kind of short curly hairstyles is perfect. It won’t weigh down your hair, thus taking away your curls. It may seem a bit too short for some, but the perfect volume and drastic definition of the curls is so dramatic that you won’t miss the length at all. Plus, it’s so easy to maintain. You can either blow it dry with a round brush to fluff out your tresses or let your gorgeous locks air dry for that sexy look that never goes out of style.
Short Wavy Curls
Not everyone is blessed with perfect ringlets, but that doesn’t matter. Soft waves are just as stylish. If you don’t have the time to enhance your natural waves with a curling iron or wand, you can simply apply some product and let your hair air dry and showcase those gorgeous waves!
Classy Wavy Bob
This shorter bob is perfect for any age. With very slight layers, it adds volume and depth to your hair and allows for natural movement. Simply add a little product, run your fingers through your hair and go. These pretty little wavys are timeless and chic and will never go out of style.
Chin Length Curly Bob
This voluminous curly bob has slightly longer layers in the front with a gradual angle from the back. The loose ringlets that are soft and feminine create a fascinating, graduating silhouette as the cut is just under the chin, which gives a chic look and feel.